Recognizing the importance of product excellence and pursuing continuous improvement, APA is committed to maintaining a robust and vital Quality Management System.
Certifications and Credentials
- Registered to ISO 9001:2015, INT’L CERT’S Certificate no. C36478
- UL Recognized Harness Manufacturer
- Procurement and processes meet CSA standards
- Workmanship adheres to the IPC/WHMA-A-620 Standard
- Soldering operators are certified to the IPC-JSTD001
- ITAR registered
- C.A.G.E. Code: OXCD7
Processes and Documentation
- In-process and final inspections performed and documented
- Dino-Lite video enabled microscope used for detailed visual analysis
- 100% electrical testing is performed and documented
- Configuration controlled harness boards with integrated testing
- Documentation control exercised for customer prints, BOMs and in-house prints, BOMs and process sheets
- Document retention and traceability maintained in accordance with ISO and customer requirements
- Prototype, Pre-production and First Article runs performed
- Key metrics tracked and analyzed
- PPAPs, FMEAs, Control Plans prepared
- 8D Corrective Action process, Root Cause Analysis
- Incoming inspection program
- Containment/quarantine process and Material Review Board procedure
- Material certs and MSDS maintained
Wire Processing, Terminating, Assembly and Electrical Testing Equipment
APA’s continuous investment in new equipment ensures that our capabilities stay ahead of our customer’s needs.
Wire Processing, Terminating and Assembly
- Komax Gamma 333 machines with integrated inkjet or laser marking and terminal application with continuous crimp force monitoring
- Schlueniger equipment including: CS9100 cutting machines with CP1200 coiling pans and PF2000 feeder, Megastrip 9600 with CP1500 coiling pans and TM66 tying machine, JS8300 and JS8400 jacket strippers, UC3750 and OC3950 tubing cutters, MP257 coax stripper, US2015, 2100 and US2500 strippers,
- AMP/Tyco, Molex, crimpers with standard and custom applicators and dies for a vast array of terminal types
- Full complement of AMP/Tyco and other hand tools
- DMC pneumatic crimpers
- STAPLA ultrasonic wire welders
- Autosplice machines which meet UL486C standard
- Machines for cloth and metal overbraiding
- Brady label printers
- Custom in-house developed harness boards, tooling and fixtures
- Cirris 1000 H+ testers with report printing feature Test voltage is 5VDC, 6mA max Hipot test voltage is 50-1000 VDC Capable of detecting resistors, diodes, capacitance, and twisted pairs
- Cirris Touch 1 testers with report printing feature Test voltage is 0-5VDC max (low voltage) Hipot DC (50-1500VDC) Capable of detecting resistors, diodes, capacitance, and twisted pairs Has an unlimited memory capability Scripting is available to create custom tests according to customer requirements Each test has its own signature number to ensure uniqueness Can be password protected
- Cirris EasyWire testers for specific applications
Sampling of Products We Manufacture
- Wire sets and leads using all types of terminals
- Wire harnesses of varying complexity
- Cable assemblies: power, shielded, military
- Electrical panels and box builds
- Mechanical and pneumatic subassemblies
- Full range of connector types: military circular, ARINCs, multiconductor IDC, crimp-and-insert, soldered
- Coaxial: SMA, SMB, TNC, mini-UHF, BNCCN
- Ribbon cables, all types including fine pitch
- PCBAs-mixed technology low runs
- Plastic overmolding; small shot
Environment and Sustainability
APA conducts its operations in a manner that is mindful of the environment.
Awareness and Compliance Activities
- Purchase RoHS compliant components
- Develop and follow RoHS compliant processes
- Cooperate with European Union R.E.A.C.H. initiatives
- Participate in the International Material Data System
- Reduce waste through in-house designed wood, cardboard and plastic shipping containers
- Recycle wire, paper, cardboard and metal
- Reduce paper consumption through document scanning and electronic storage
- Encourage car-pooling and offer flexible hours
- Practice energy conservation for lighting, heating and A/C systems
- Maintain company vehicles in proper operating condition
American Precision Assemblers, Inc. Supplier Code of Conduct
- APA and its affiliate companies are committed to upholding high standards of ethics, integrity, and social responsibility in our business operations. In part, this is demonstrated through our membership in the Electronics Industry Citizenship Coalition (EICC), an alliance of electronics companies who share commitment to ensure working conditions in the electronics supply chain are safe, that workers are treated with respect and dignity, and the business operations are environmentally responsible.Supplier Expectations: We expect our suppliers to share our commitment to ethics, integrity, and social responsibility. The term “supplier” means any person or entity that provides APA with goods and services. As a supplier to APA, you agree to the following:
- The supplier will comply with all laws and regulations applicable to its business and operations.
- The supplier will read and comply with the EICC Code of Conduct. For a copy of the EICC Code of Conduct, please visit: http://www.eiccoalition.org/standards/code-of-conduct.
- Promptly upon request of APA, the supplier will:
- Maintain a membership on EICC-ON, the online data management system, and complete and submit self-assessment questionnaires regarding social responbility maturity. Information can be found at http://www.eiccoalition.org/standards/tools/eicc-on.
- Complete and return information regarding mineral country of origin on parts supplied to APA, utilizing the most recent EICC Conflict Minerals Reporting Template, located online at http://www.conflictfreesourcing.org/conflict-minerals-reporting-template.
- Provide product related materials declarations for European Union Directive 2011/65/EU “Restriction of Hazardous Substances” (RoHs), European Union Regulation (EU) 1907/2006 on “Registration, Evaluation, Authorization, and Restriction of Chemicals” (REACH), and other requested product content legislation.
- Participate in any APA sponsored training related to requirements of this policy.
- Participate in and support APA efforts to periodically validate our supplier’s compliance with this policy through assessment questionnaires and validation audits.